Tracking

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I was a Guinea Pig

I found for this surgery I ended up as a bit of a guinea pig, which I didn't feel like last time.

Dr. S's resident decided he wanted to refresh his memory of how to do IV's.  The nurse let him do it.  The IV went in ok, but after the surgery it was killing me, way more then anything else did.  It had to be moved to my other arm and even after it came out my arm hurt when the blood pressure cuff would check my blood pressure. Hmmm, maybe he should practice on someone with better veins.

Then after the surgery in recovery my nurse was in training, she wasn't too bad at her job, but she certainly didn't seem ready to care for 2 patients at a time.  The good news is that the nurse helping her was very good.

I think much more guinea pig stuff would have pushed me over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment