Tracking

Friday, August 27, 2010

good news and more bad news

Yesterday I saw one of Dr. S's colleagues.  The good news is that he said I'm fine to take my trip in September.

The bad news is that it's because it will be a while before Dr. S will be able to put in the bone stimulating proteins.  Apparently, I need to heal up before he can put thim in and this doctor indicated it would be a few months.  But what was even more interesting was that he indicated that Dr. S might need to put more bone in.  I'm not sure if this doctor was seeing more bone loss then Dr. S had initially seen, or if Dr. S was giving me the better scenario hoping that he would be able to just use the bone stimulating proteins.  Either way, time will tell how much bone I lose and how to deal with it.

I had thought the bone stimulating proteins would go in sooner, but the more I think about it Dr. S didn't give much of an indication of when they would go in.  It was Dr. F who seemed to indicate that they would use them soon.

The most frustrating part is knowing that all this will delay the whole process.  I'm not sure if it will delay the braces much since the bone is more for the implants then for the the braces.  But this would certainly delay getting the implants.

No comments:

Post a Comment