Tracking

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

2nd Doctor's visit

I went to see Dr. S today.  I was a little worried about this visit because I got the impression when I saw the covering surgeon last week that things weren't quite right with the healing.  I didn't think it was anything major, but something just wasn't right.

I waited a while to see Dr. S and when they brought me back they put me in a different room then I had ever been in before, this one was obviously one they used for in-office surgeries.  The chair was much more sophisticated, the room was much larger, there was an IV stand.  Then I found the draws labeled for "IV meds," and "emergency meds."  That didn't make me feel more confident.

After waiting a little more Dr. S finally came in and said that the covering Doctor said that I had some bone exposed.  He asked if I noticed.  I said it just looked like a funny hole to me, though I will say that I do sometimes notice a bit of mucus or blood on my front teeth that I think is coming from my sinus area.  Though at the time I wasn't sure if that was what he was referring to.  He looked in my mouth, but couldn't see much.  He cleaned out the wound area and then irrigated.

The Good:  The palate and the floor of my nose are "communicating" and healing up fine.
My leg is doing well.  He seemed happy that I was walking without a limp, still a little sore and taking it easy with stairs.

The Bad:  I still have an open wound from the bone graft and have lost some bone.  He didn't seem too concerned at this point.  He said it may need to be cleaned out another 1 or 2 times and then he'll put in some bone stimulating proteins (in the office, not a surgery) and take it from there.

My mom's biggest worry - I wont be able to go to Las Vegas next Friday.  It crossed my mind, but my mind was running a bit at the time so I didn't ask.  I didn't get the impression that it would, unless you puts in the bone stimulating proteins next week.  But I'll ask next week when I go, it's not like I can do anything about it now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment