Tracking

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pre-Operative Stuffs

On Tuesday I went to Dr. S for my pre-op visit.  He outlined my surgery in too much goory detail and we discussed drugs.

Here is how the bone graft works - he doesn't actually put bone in my gap, he puts bone where the teeth should go and bone promoting protein in the gap.  At least that was how I understood it.  He'll cut the skin the the hole and then stitch it back together to make a base for the sinuses and a roof to the mough.  Then he went into the bone graft part and I only got so far as him cutting open my gums in the front of my mouth and lifting them up.  I'm guessing then he puts in the bone, but I had heard enough.  He'll take a piece of bone from my left tibia and then my leg will hurt and I'll be hobbling around for a week to 2 weeks. 

Dangers - biggest concern is infection and banging my leg and breaking it before it heals.  ACK!

Recuperation - I have an overnight reservation at the hospital.  I'm wondering if I can get an email confirmation of it so I can add it to my tripit app on my iphone.  Then I'll be on clears for the first and second day and after that soft foods until I see him again 8 days after surgery. 

Wednesday I went for some pre-op stuff at the hospital, the usual stuff - blood work, a million questions on your medical history and pre-surgical instructions.  The Physician's Assistant I had this time was a million times better then last time, she didn't even screw up my paperwork! 

No comments:

Post a Comment