Tracking

Monday, July 5, 2010

I think I broke something and my tongue is paying the price

At some point today I noticed something felt different about my palate expander.  Towards the front of my mouth there was more metal, like something was out of place.  There is a piece on it that does move around a little bit so I initially thought it was that.  But it wasn't moving and it was hurting my tongue when I would talk.

Giving it some thought I remembered that Dr. F had used some wire to tie it off and hold it in place, I wondered if it was the wire from that.  Which left the question of how that happened and what to do with it.  But I couldn't see inside my mouth to even look.

I went to my parents house for dinner and Mom looked but didn't see anything, though she's not known for her vision.  So I went to the neighbors house since the husband is a dentist.  He looked and from what he said the wire used to tie off the palate expander had shifted.  He seems mildly concerned that it could brake off and I could swallow it, but otherwise thought I would be ok until Wednesday when Dr. F is back in the office and I have my appointment.

Is nothing easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment