Tracking

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I can now touch the roof of my mouth

On Friday I went to Dr. F and had the palate expander taken out.  I cannot tell you how happy that made me!  The roof of my mouth was so soft and tender, it felt so good to be able to touch it again.

Taking the palate expander out wasn't an easy feat for Dr. F, though it seemed to go fairly smoothly.  It did hurt me though, not so much the teeth that held the palate expander, but Dr. F kept leaning on my front tooth that always hurts and really hurt after having the wire taken out.  I actually had to complain about it, and I usually don't complain unless something really hurts.

Dr. F gave me the option of having my fake tooth put back in, but I would have to come back on Monday afternoon to have it taken out again.  I decided to save myself the trouble of going back on Monday and go without the tooth, I didn't have any real plans this weekend anyway where I would have felt funny without the tooth.  I did ask if it would be back in by the time I went away in September and Dr. F sounded sure it would be.  I do have to wait until Dr. S gives the ok for that though.

After taking out the palate expander Dr. F put new bracket rings on the teeth that were holding the palate expander.  One of those rings feels a little off, I'm not sure if it's the way it sits on the tooth that it feels funny or if it's just hitting my teeth differently making it feel like it's off.

Since Friday my teeth have been quite sore on the top, especially my two front teeth.  When they take the wire out my teeth always feel a little sore and loose, like the teeth are just sorda floating within in the bone and aren't really solid in the bone.  It makes me wonder how different the damon braces system is to the old way and if part of it has to do with them keeping your teeth from setting into the bones, making them easier and quicker to move.

On another note, last weekend the chain that was moving my tooth on the bottom right fell off and I ate it.  I only noticed when I was eating and the tooth felt funny, I looked and the chain was gone.  Grrrr.  Of course it was a Saturday afternoon and the office was closed.  By Sunday morning the tooth had moved back totally.  Grrrr.  Dr. F did not replace the chain on the last visit.

Surgery is Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment