Tracking

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Felling a little better

I went to the Oral Surgeon on Monday afternoon. He said everything looked good and that I don't need to come up for follow up. However, he said to keep my appt that's in 2 weeks so we can work out a date for the bone graft. He did think that late June or early July was quite possible for that surgery.
He asked if I would be interested in a fake tooth with some sort of device that would cover up my hole and prevent fluid from going up my nose. I said yes, and he called Dr. F. He didn't speak to him, but plans to. I was so happy I nearly cried, I felt very cared for by Dr. S. He also anticipates that Dr. F will allow my palate to close up a bit before the surgery and said that my teeth are slanted out a bit, which I hear is common with the Surgically Assisted Rapid Palate Expander.

I asked where he gets the skin from for the palate and he said there is always plenty of skin in the cleft (remember it's two separate pieces of palate that are covered. He cuts that skin strategically so that there is enough for my base of my sinuses/nose and enough for the roof of my mouth. That's kinda what I thought, but now I know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment