Tracking

Monday, March 1, 2010

Days 1 and 2 - Post-Op

I'm finally back to report on days 1 and 2 post surgery. They were relatively quiet days, I would take medication every 4-6 hours (I took a total of 5 on top of any medication I was already taking) and was in and out of sleep most of the time. I missed some good parts of the olympics in these in and out of sleep fazes. There was a fair amount of pain, but nothing crazy as long as I was taking pain killers (Tylenol with codeine). The pain was primarily in the area just below my cheek bones, but also a bit in my temples.

Eating was difficult since my mouth didn't open much. Primarily I just had broth, jello and maybe an egg. Eating was slow and I wasn't terribly hungry. I stuck with mostly apple juice to drink.

I slept on my parents recliner/couch, it allowed me to keep my head up without fighting pillows. This was a particular issue since the night before surgery I tried to sleep kinda upright so I wouldn't get too congested and had a terrible time sleeping and had a little bit of a stiff neck in the morning.

On Wednesday I had to use my key to open the expander once. Being the only one who knew how to use the expander I had to do it myself. I got the key in the hole pretty quickly and did it. It didn't hurt much, though I did feel some pressure in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment