Tracking

Friday, April 2, 2010

Building confidence

Since I've been back to work I have been feeling much better about my poor speech. Maybe my speech has gotten a little better, but I doubt much. Last week was a little rough being my first days back and then taking a training class - the whole being around strangers in a large group thing. Then over the weekend I had to speak with the executive staff at work and that went well (or at least I didn't hear anything bad.) Then this week I was away for training. I went to Washington DC, and other then a down moment when I first got to DC, I did well. And my down moment was probably more related to my being in a strange place and trying to find food with little success. But the first day in class I told the class that I had had surgery and that if they couldn't understand me to just ask me to repeat myself. I was a little quieter then I might normally be (possibly a good thing), but when I only had a few problems with I did speak and everyone was very nice and respectful. I'm running out of new and intimidating situations to be stressed about.

No comments:

Post a Comment