Tracking

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Universal Health Care is looking good right now

After discussing with Dr. S's office about insurance it was suggested that GHI insurance is what a lot of people come in with as insurance. The other insurance that is an option for me is HIP POS. There is Aetna too, but it would probably be cheaper for me to just pay out of pocket then to switch to them. Before making any decisions about that I decided to call around to my existing doctors to see if they take GHI or HIP. Right about now Universal Health Care looks like a good option! My primary care physician takes HIP and my Gastrointestinal takes HIP. My Neurologist and Dermatologist take GHI. It's like a bad joke! Then I called the office to see which one was going to be better then the other, in terms of difficulties getting approval and paying out - the girl was no help. Nothing like getting support from your doctors office! If everything works out all the surgery done with Dr. S would be done in one year so I would only have to deal with this issue for the year. I could probably just deal with some doctors via the phone, or if I needed to go I could pay out of pocket for the 20% the insurance wouldn't cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment