Tracking

Monday, April 13, 2009

Begging for money

I currently have health insurance through Blue Cross, but through my union at work I have dental insurance. The dental insurance sucks, like most do, or worse then most do. But it's better then nothing. Unfortunately, it covers orthodontics for children of members, but not for members themselves. Really frustrating since I don't even have kids! On my sisters advice, in January I wrote a letter to my union about my dental issues, basically begging them for money. I put a brief history of my medical/dental issues and told them what I had planned and asked them to consider giving me additional benefits. After a month and a half I got a response from them:

"This is to inform you that your case was brought up to our dental insurance and their consultant and it was advised that you should first see what is covered by your
Medical plan and for you to keep in mind that the we don’t cover implants. Keep us inform on your status."

Well at least they didn't tell me no.

No comments:

Post a Comment