Tracking

Friday, August 21, 2009

You have glue in your hair.



I started out my morning with a trip to the dentist to get my cap put back on, it took about 15 minutes with no drama.

In the afternoon I went to Dr. F for my braces. I started with a bit of good news... My bill was readjusted, the price didn't change but my payment options did and I didn't have to leave as much of a down payment. I could have paid the whole thing off and saved 5%, but then I wouldn't have much savings and that was a risk I wasn't willing to take.

Dr. F came and looked at my teeth and played with some brackets. Then a sweet girl came and prepped my teeth. They clamped my mouth open with some strange contraption, it made me wonder? Is this how Hannibal Lecter feels? Then she did the prep work, all I really know is that she sandblasted my teeth. Then Dr. F placed all the little brackets. The brackets didn't feel so comfortable, not that I thought they would. Once Dr. F was done the girl who was prepping my teeth picked the glue out of my hair. After having my mouth clamped open I must admit I had already lost some of my dignity, what's a little glue in the hair? I rinsed out and had the wire put in and things started feeling less comfortable. I wasn't in pain but there was definitely pressure on my teeth. I ended up only having one rubber band. My nephew had wondered what color rubber bands I would get, but Dr. F took away that concern. He used the "clear" braces in the front and the one rubber band was metal colored to match the brace it was on. Based on what the girl said, I either didn't get rubber bands because I spent a lot of money and am getting 5 star treatment (knowing the price tag that might be right), or it's because I'll actually brush my teeth and floss and generally take care of my teeth.

One dental observation. One of the teeth on my bottom right (I think a molar) had grown in sideways, it was never a problem, but I think, based on the placement of the brace, that Dr. F is going to rotate the tooth.

In the next few days I'll post some pictures of my teeth, as requested by my friend Kelley. I just don't have time tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment