Tracking

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Surgery #4

Disclaimer - I'm writing this slightly delirious after surgery.

Last Friday I saw Dr. S and here is what he said he was doing during this surgery.  He was going to mix Bone Morphogenic proteins with a bit of bone from my jaw and something else.  He was going to open up the gums more to allow more blood flow and healing.  He showed me some pictures of another case with a similar problem and the mouth looked great at the end.  He did think he was going to have to take my one middle tooth out and asked permission.

Monday I saw Dr. F and he took out my wire and teeth, which felt really weird.

Tuesday:  Surgery was supposed to take 2 hours, it took over 3.  The anesthesiologist was able to get me intubated through the nose using the camera.  Though Dr. S had to move my tongue, which might explain why my tongue hurt after the surgery.  He did not take out my middle tooth, he said it had enough bone around it.  My throat hurts and it hurts to talk.  My jaw hurts from where he took the bone.  My parents are driving me nuts.  My face is very swollen.

I'm on clear liquids for 3 days, then liquids for another 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment