Tracking

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

1st Doctors Visit

I had my first Doctor's visit today.  I saw an associate of Dr. S.  He didn't do too much, did make me properly brush my teeth though.  Said that things were healing appropriately.  Moved me up to mushy foods - pasta, mashed potatoes, eggs...  Originally I thought I would be much more up on my feet at this point, but I'm not.  It didn't sound like they wanted me to return to work next week like I had originally planned, so I wont be.

I see Dr. S next Monday, I suspect I will learn a lot more then.

I also saw Dr. F, who basically did nothing.  The surgeon doesn't want to have my teeth put in for another 2 weeks until the swelling goes down more.  Dr. F decided not to bother putting the wire back in until then as it's not needed.

It seems like they're taking things very conservatively at this point, which is ok.  I'm not sure if after the bone loss last time they're feeling more conservative or if there were any issues with the surgery where they are feeling a need to be more conservative.  

I will say that today I have had a bit more pain then I have had in the past few days and I'm taking the same amount and types of pain killers.

Oh, and laughing hurts, no more funny sitcoms for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment