Tracking

Friday, January 8, 2010

Stuff they don't put in the brochure

First, my wire on the bottom of my braces shifted last weekend so I was back at Dr. F's this week to have it moved back, it seems to be staying place now.

More importantly I was at Dr. S (Oral Surgeon) on Wednesday. The good news - my surgery is approved! The bad news, the stuff they don't say at the first consultation... I'm scheduled for late February. Dr. S went through his whole thing on how he cuts into my gums on the outside side of the teeth at the root line and cuts into the bones to break them - I'm almost adjusting to the concept of this though it's one of those things I think I would rather not know. After the surgery I'll apparently be very swollen and will have to ice my face all day and night and overnight. I'll be in pain for about 3 days, but I'll have pain killers for at night. I'll have to sleep upright the first night. The swelling will last 2-3 weeks and there may be some bruising. I'll start on a liquid diet the first day and then add foods over that next week, but mostly soup, and ice cream types of stuff. Ugh, this was not in the brochure!

I always knew I would be miserable, but this is sounding way worse then I thought. I'm actually considering going to either my parents house or my sisters house that first day and night. But I did place an order with mom for her homemade soup, I'm going to add an order of her apple sauce too. I'll make my own pea soup before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment