Tracking

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why me?

Ok, I'm being a little dramatic, but I am tired of dental problems.

My tooth does need a root canal, my tooth does have resorption. My Endontist didn't seem terribly worried about that though, he said it was incidental. The bigger problem for me is that the tooth is on the cleft, meaning the roots lead to the cleft. There is a small chance of getting an infection in the site of the cleft, which would be bad. The Endodontis gave me an antibiotic to take before starting the root canal to prevent an infection, I go back on Thursday to start the root canal. Seriously, Why me??? But at least I know that when it's done I should be able to eat again with that tooth.

I should enlighten you all on how the exam went... He took an x-ray, then he pushed on my gum above the tooth, which hurt. Then you pushed on another spot which did not hurt. Then another the spot that did hurt, which I felt free about expressing the pain he was causing with a small yell. Then he tested the tooth again and asked if that hurt more at which time I yelled louder - he got the message. About 5 minutes later the pain subsided. It's a good thing I like this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment