Tracking

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I don't like this Dr.'s Appt!

Monday I went to see Dr. D and it didn't go that great.  My gum separated from one of my back molars, leaving a gap and allowing fluid to come out.

Now I'm on an antibiotic, which my body doesn't like.

Dr. D also decided to stop moving the bone for 2 days and then on Thursday she wants me to start turning the screw again, but only twice a day instead of 3 times a day.  I'll see her again on Friday.

Ugh, this is very annoying and frustrating!  But on the up side my mouth seems to be doing much better now.

Here is a photo of my mouth.  In the front you can see a large bar, that is the screw.  When my mouth is closed other then looking a bit swollen in that area you can't see the screw.  When I open my mouth obviously it's a different story.  On the left you can see my two fake teeth and then a gap.  On the right of the first gap are the 2 teeth that are being moved.  To the right of those teeth you can (hopefully) see another gap, that is how much my teeth moved in 4 days.  Above that gap you can also see some metal, that is part of the device that was put in my mouth during the surgery.  There are actually two of those ladder like pieces.  One is on the right side of where the gap is the other is on the piece of bone that is moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment