Tracking

Friday, July 1, 2011

I didn't have surgery...

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but my Mother got an infection after having her hip replaced, MRSA.  It's not a pleasant infection!  I've spent a lot of time around her -  helping her, keeping her company.  Not surprisingly I tested positive for carrying MRSA. 

My surgeon decided to postpone my surgery until an infectious disease doctor could review my case.  When I spoke to my primary care physician he told me that Dr. S was concerned that maybe I had been carrying it when I had my previous surgeries and that was part of the reason that my bone grafts were not a sucess.  But my primary care pysician also said that I had been cultured during the surgeries and didn't show MRSA then.  But, Dr. S wanted to have my case reviewed.  I'm told that my case was reviewed and I was cleared for surgery by infectious disease.   But of course this is a holiday weekend so I wont get an update until at least Tuesday when Dr. S can take a look at the note sent over to him. 

It worked out well though, my Mom was pretty sick earlier this week and I wasn't totally comfortable with having the surgery.  But I'll feel better about it in another week or so, she is doing much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment