Tracking

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A new surgeon and a new procedure

On Monday I did meet with Dr. F.  We did discuss the option of a bone graft and distraction.  While he didn't say it in so many words, he did seem to think another bone graft would not work.

Today I met with a new surgeon from Dr. S's office, Dr. D.  She is wonderful!  My sister would even let her do surgery on her.  I walked out feeling even more convinced that distraction was the right way to go.  She would also like to have Dr. F move my middle tooth a bit before it has to come out, allowing it to pull some bone with it.

Then I can go on a cruise and enjoy myself before they put the distraction device in.

From there it will take a few weeks to move my teeth and the device will stay in my mouth for a few months while the bone behind it grows.  After that they'll see how things develop in regards to what exactly they will do.  But the bottom line is that a few months later I should be able to get implants put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment