Tracking

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Memory

The other day I was thinking about children who are in the hospital for the holidays, and how sad it is to spend those special times in a hospital and how glad I was that I never had to do that as a child. Then I remembered that I actually had a surgery right before Halloween one year, not the same as Christmas, but as a 7 year old girl it wasn't really cool. If my memory serves me I had the surgery 2 or 3 days before Halloween and then was released a day or 2 before Halloween. My mom did buy me a little bunny thing with ears, not really a costume but it was all I go. I remember on Halloween wearing my bunny ears and answering the door for the 4 people who actually stopped at our house and really wanting to go out trick or treating and getting candy. I'm sure my mom gave me whatever candy and treats I wanted, she was always good like that, but it's not the same as getting dressed up and getting candy from strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment