Tracking

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Orthodontist #1

In December I met with Dr. G, the first orthodontist I would meet with. On the first visit he took x-rays, photos and molds. He seemed to be a nice guy with a nice office, and he explained to me about a new braces system, Damon, that had come out since I had braces years ago. I don't remember the specifics of it, but they are supposed to be better, faster, and less painful.

In the beginning of January I went for the consultation with my mom. I called a few days before the appointment to make sure that he was ready. At the appointment he seemed confident he could do the job and seemed to know orthodontics. He however had not consulted with LF, who I knew wanted to speak to him, I have been and continue to be in close contact with LF. Dr. G did not know where my teeth were. Granted, the two teeth covered by the cap can be a bit deceiving, but there are two teeth side by side, he thought that one was in front of the other. He also started talking about a periodontist, which had never been mentioned and said I could need jaw surgery, also never mentioned. He just didn't seem to be working with this team that was being created, he seemed like he was operating on his own. When I left he said he would get in touch with LF, which he should have done BEFORE I came. I wasn't impressed and neither was my mother. I should mention that his cost would be $7,500., which I thought was a lot for a guy who I wasn't impressed with.

I consulted with LF, told her that I didn't feel comfortable using Dr. G. She decided to talk with him about the case, if for no other reason then to get a gauge on what his thought process was. She didn't seem overly impressed with him either. She did some asking around and it was recommended that I see Dr. K.

No comments:

Post a Comment